Last update: April 28, 2020
Rest assured that we take the role we play very seriously in these unprecedented times. Social responsibility and solidarity are essential values for our employees and us. More than ever, they guide our actions and our decisions.
With prevention in mind, our entire network – from employees who will work remotely, to drivers, to our technicians – has implemented measures directly linked to the tasks each of us performs.
We are aware of the important individual and collective roles that each of us plays in these uncertain times. Every small action counts.
Stay safe! We’ll get through this.
Building & Renovation Industry – What’s open?
The Building & Renovating Industry has been classified in the essential services list. The situation is evolving quickly. Some government decisions and recommendations are true today but may not be tomorrow.
So, if you want to:
- Shop for a new garage door or opener
- Schedule an installation
- Schedule a repair or a maintenance appointment
Call us. You will be sure to get the most accurate information.
Since we play an essential role in the proper functioning of garage doors in hospitals, fire stations, and manufacturers that produce the essential products we need (food, pharmaceuticals, etc.), we must stay open AND make sure our teams go above & beyond in sanitary precautions to keep everybody working in the health care system, our customers, their family, and our communities safe.
Our priorities for service
In this period of crisis, we give priority appointments (date and time) in the following order to:
- Hospitals and facilities supporting our health care systems
- Facilities related to essential public services (e.g. fire stations, police stations, etc.)
- Facilities related to an essential service (e.g. the entire food industry chain)
- Any other requests follow
Our manufacturers' strict protocols
Important measures have been added throughout the production and delivery chains of our suppliers in order to ensure the prescribed social distancing and to comply with all other public health guidelines.
At Garaga and LiftMaster, they have reputations for excellence and quality that they know how to apply to ensure the health and safety of their employees and the general public to prevent the spread of COVID‑19.
Procedures implemented for our teams in the field
Institutional and Commercial Work
- A strict COVID-19 policy must be in place for us to do work.
- Our teams will comply with your policy to the letter.
Thinking of everyone’s safety, our teams
- Won’t go into your house. They will stay in the garage.
- Will call upon arrival. You must open the garage and go back inside. They will call you back to let you know the job is done and talk about your project if needed.
Our Employee Policy
- Our employees must telecommute as much as possible
- They must always stay 6 feet from people
- No handshakes
- They must use hand sanitizers before and after going to a job site
- They must wash their hands very often and accordingly to the recommended methods
- They must avoid touching their face
- They must be absolutely certain that they are healthy (that is, meet the same standards as our dealers require of their customers)
Given the exceptional circumstances, for everyone’s safety, before going to a customer’s house, our teams will confirm with each of them if they or someone living with them:
- Are in quarantine or self‑isolating
- Have fever or flu symptoms
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has
- Have been outside the country in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has